On the first day she had her Daddy home to entertain her. He left so as not to get sick himself. And he has to work.
On the second day Ashley took her in.
On the third day she brought me fake food in bed, and picked flowers and kumquats in the yard.
On the fourth day I took Dayquil, fixed lunch and managed to get us somewhat dressed and out the door, but halfway to school in a fit of coughing I realized this was a terrible idea and I needed to go back to bed.
The good news is I haven't been running so my foot and my back which have bothered me for weeks, don't hurt at all anymore. The good news is that I fixed her lunch this morning so she was able to eat and feed herself today and I didn't have to get up. The good news is I finally had a large chunk of time to call schools and talk to them about this pesky little verbiage they have about "must be 5 by Sept 1st for kindergarten".
The bad news is she can now write her own name. The bad news is that a sore throat is worse than a nose full of snot. The bad news is that none of these schools will adjust their policy to allow a child who's birthday IS September 1st to start kindergarten.
The good news is despite going in to labor on Aug30th, and laboring for 30 freakin hours, and having her at 10am (8am AZ time) on Sept 1, I get to keep her for a whole nother year.
The bad news for her kindergarten teacher is going to be that she is going to have this 6 year old bored brainiac in her class: *see exhibit A
I will keep trying, maybe it is time to start celebrating her birthday in August.
| exhibit A |

2 comments:
Too funny. you should be abke tk change her bday because of the long jabor i would think. governnent at its best!
and the winner is... pharyngitis with a combo plate of sinus, ear and eye infection for me.
Post a Comment