Wednesday, December 5, 2012

generosity lessons from MC Hammer

Today I had to explain what MC Hammer is talking about when he sings "Can't touch this." to KB.

KB: What is he saying you can't touch?
Me: Ummmm...himself   (Wait that isn't what I meant, or what he means, jeeze how do I explain this one?")
Me: Actually he means that no one can make music as good as his. He is saying he is better than everybody else.
KB: Well he's mean.
Me: He's being vain.
KB: What's vain?
Me: When you think you are more clever, more creative, more smart, more handsome, more pretty than everyone else. Like selfish-sort of.
KB: .....processing.....
Me: (Because sometimes I don't know when to shut up.) Actually I think MC Hammer made a lot of money from this song and he shared it with too many people and then he went bankrupt.
KB: ......processing......
4 minutes later
KB: I have a lot of money and if someone breaks their guitar and they are very sad, I might give them some money to fix it.


1 comment:

Stevendena said...

When can I stop laughing?